_

Chickpeas sundal




How to make chickpeas sundal
I was searching the protein packed recipes for losing my excess  weight and being vegetarian i include many lentils dishes in my diet. Chickpeas I use mostly  to make chole masala and my family loves  chole masala with rice and paratha.
Recently  i visited friends place for festive celebrations and I had this yummiest prasadam chickpeas sundal there.I became instant fan of this easy to make chickpeas recipe. Before also I had chickpeas sundal at temples as a prashadam but I never cooked it at home. Immediately i got this south indian recipe details and started making this sundal at home as a evening snacks /( after school snacks ). Not only me but my kids too loved it now, Most important about this protein packed recipe is it  gets ready with very few ingredients and less oil. Now i have included it in my weight loss diet and  enjoying  my evening snacks guilt free.
Here is the simple to make chickpeas sundal recipe.I sprinkle some finely chopped onions, coriander and tomatoes on my sundal and enjoy it.There are many sundal recipes made similar way using peanuts , black chana and green peas too.


Cooking time: 10 minutes
Ingredients :
·         Chickpeas  1 cups
·         Curry leaves 8-9
·         Grated coconut 2 tb spoon
·         Salt as per taste
·         Pinch of Asafodita
·         Red chillies 3-4
·         Oil 1  tea spoons

Directions to cook:  
Soak chickpeas overnite in water.
In the morning drain water and cook chickpeas with pinch of salt and fresh water in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles.
Heat kadhai  and pour oil in it.
Add mustard and cumin seeds in it. 
After seeds splutter add asafoetida , curry leaves  , red chillies and saute.
Add  cooked chickpeas mix well.
Sprinkle freshly grated cocnut on sundal and mix well.
Switch off the gas and chickpeas sundal is ready to serve.
Chickpeas sundal Chickpeas sundal Reviewed by roopali on 01:50:00 Rating: 5

No comments:

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Powered by Blogger.